Location: United States of America
Flowers: 0, Eggs: 0


.Difference between the Degree in Architecture and the Degree in Building Engineering

It is possible that there is still some confusion about which career to study to be an architect, since there are several denominations for the Architecture degree. Some Spanish universities call it as such, Degree in Architecture , or Degree in Fundamentals of Architecture , and it can also be found as a Degree in Architecture Studies. It is these degrees that give access to the master's degree in architecture, and therefore, to that profession. This professional can design all kinds of buildings with their corresponding facilities and structures, planning and ordering the territory.

The Degree in Architecture is structured in 300-330 ECTS credits and lasts for five years. It prepares students to learn about the history and theories of architecture, urban planning and the techniques applied in the planning process, learn about physical problems, different technologies and the function of buildings, or understand the problems of structural design, construction and engineering. Some universities jointly offer the Bachelor and Master in Architecture , for which they have 360 ​​credits and 6 years of total duration, depending on the center. In turn, many universities include external internships during the completion of the Degree.

On the other hand is theDegree in Building Engineering , which would be equivalent to the old degree in Technical Architecture. It can also be found as a Degree in Building, Degree in Building Science and Technology or Degree in Technical Architecture . This career allows to practice as a technical architect, commonly known as a rigger, a professional in charge of directing the material execution of the works, writing safety plans or preparing technical projects. These degrees have a duration of 240 ECTS (4 years) and give access to the regulated profession of Technical Architect. As in the case of architects, membership is compulsory for the free exercise of the profession.

4. What is the qualifying Master in Architecture for?

The Master's Degree in Architecture is an official and enabling master's degree that allows you to practice as an architect, and usually lasts one year and 60 ECTS credits. If you have completed the Degree in Architecture but have not completed the master, you cannot sign projects as an architect, although you can work in companies, in the public administration, in universities or research centers.

The master allows to know the research methods and preparation of construction projects, learn to create architectural projects that in turn satisfy the aesthetic and technical demands and requirements of its users, and to understand the profession of architect by preparing projects that take into account social factors.

Once you pass the master's degree you will be able to practice as an architect to direct construction works, write projects, advise on urban planning works or value and appraise land, among other functions. For this it will be necessary to enroll in an Official College of Architects. Being an enabling master, the price of the credit is lower than that of other masters, so the price ranges between 800 and 2,000 euros, depending on the Autonomous Community where you are going to study. Both the Bachelor's and Master's degrees, as the European Higher Education Area is adapted, are recognized in the 27 countries of the European Union, without the need to approve them.

Read More:technical solution architect
2020-07-29 19:17:58, views: 831, Comments: 0

More articles

1 - 20 [ 137]